Slip and Fall

Missouri Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys Fighting for the Rights of Injured Victims

We hold negligent property owners responsible for premises liability injuries

Slip and fall accidents are a far too common occurrence resulting from wet floors and other situations that are easily preventable. These accidents can lead to serious injuries, and significant expenses. If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident on another party’s property, you may be entitled to compensation. At the Law Office of Kenneth P. Carp, we advocate for the personal injury rights of slip and fall victims in St. Louis County, Lincoln County and St. Charles County.

Slip and fall accidents commonly occur at retail stores, gas stations, restaurants, shopping malls, movie theaters and other high-traffic public areas. Common causes of these accidents include:

· Wet or oily floors

· Ice and other weather hazards

· Spills

· Loose rugs or floor mats

· Low-traction flooring

· Loose debris

What injuries can result from a slip and fall?

Slip and fall accidents can be very serious events. These accidents often occur on hard surfaces, and in many cases, the victim is unable to brace their fall or protect themselves. These accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, including:

· Broken bones

· Head injuries

· Traumatic brain injury

· Back or neck injuries

· Spinal cord injuries

· Soft tissue injuries

Who is responsible for a slip and fall accident?

Missouri law requires property owners to provide a standard of care for their patrons, meaning that they must conduct proper maintenance of property and adhere to all legal standards. If the owner fails to meet this standard of care, and slip and fall injuries result, the owner may be held liable for the victim’s losses.

How do I file a claim?

Filing a claim for compensation after a slip and fall accident can be complicated. To begin pursuing repayment for your damages, you should speak to an attorney as quickly as possible after the accident.

On your behalf, your attorney will:

Collect evidence – Clearly documenting the scene of the accident is important to proving negligence. Your lawyer will quickly begin the process of preserving evidence at the scene, interviewing witnesses and collecting other evidence that supports your case.

File your claim – To begin legal pursuit of damages, your attorney will file your personal injury claim with the courts. In many cases, this will prompt negotiations or mediation with the insurance company, and cause the court to schedule a trial date to hear your case.

Conduct settlement negotiations

In some slip and fall cases, settlement negotiation is a viable resolution strategy. Your attorney will attempt to negotiate a settlement that covers all of your losses and addresses any future expenses you may incur as a result of your accident.

Advocate for you in court – Settlement negotiation does not always prove fruitful for every victim. If a settlement is unreachable or against your best interests, your lawyer will take your case to court to advocate for an order of compensation in your favor.

Discuss your slip and fall injuries with our experienced Missouri personal injury lawyers

Holding a negligent property owner responsible for your losses after a slip and fall accident is important. Not only can a personal injury claim help you recover financially, but your suit may also change the property owner’s maintenance procedures and help others to avoid becoming a victim. With more than 20 years of experience, the Law Office of Kenneth P. Carp fights for the rights of slip and fall victims in St. Louis County, including Hazelwood, St. Ann, Berkley, Maryland Heights, Florissant, South County, South City, North County, Clayton, Chesterfield, Laude, Creve Coeur; Lincoln County, including Troy, and Moscow Mills and St. Charles County, including St. Charles, St. Peters, O’Fallon, Wentzville, Cottleville and Foristell. Call our office at (636) 947-3600 or contact us online to schedule a free, no-obligation review of your case.